Charles Lyndon Limited (“Charles Lyndon”) is the data controller of the personal data collected from you through this website and will be responsible for determining the extent and means of any processing of that data. Charles Lyndon is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under Registration Number: ZA169163.
This site is maintained and operated by one of Charles Lyndon’s third party partners who provide services to Charles Lyndon and process personal data as data processor for and on behalf of Charles Lyndon. All third party partners who process data for us are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Data collection from our website and how we use it
Registration of interest – When you register your interest in joining any of our claims/receiving further updates, you will be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name and email address. We will only use this information to contact you regarding your claim and will not use it for any other purpose other than to fulfil legal or regulatory obligations if necessary.
Identity check for registration – If you choose to join one of our claims, as part of the engagement process one of our third party providers will use the details which you provide to us to carry out a search with a Credit Reference Agency for the purposes of verifying your identity to comply with regulatory requirements. To do so the Credit Reference Agency may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. A record of the search will be retained by the Credit Reference Agency. This check will show as an ‘identity search’ on your credit file – this is not the same as a credit check and has no negative impact on your credit file. If you have any questions regarding the electronic verification process, please email us at email@example.com.
How we will hold your data
The information you provide will be held securely by Charles Lyndon and/or other appointed data processors using appropriate security systems to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
All information you provide to us via the registration page will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations and as set out in this Privacy Notice.
Although we do our best to ensure the security of your personal data and to use only reputable service providers, unfortunately no information system can be 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. In particular, we will not be responsible for the security of any information which you transmit to us over networks that we do not control including the internet and wireless networks. We have in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you use a link on our website to visit another website, your privacy will not be protected in accordance with this policy. You will need to check that website’s own privacy statement. We make no representation as to the accuracy or any other aspect of information contained in other websites. Although we look to include only quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links.
Sharing your data with third parties
It may be necessary to securely transfer your information to third party data processors to perform certain functions. We may share your personal data:
- with our employees, partners and consultants (whose details can be found in our Legal Notice) on a confidential basis where required for internal administration, compliance and other business purposes;
- with third party providers who host the services on which our data is stored, our IT consultants and other suppliers of business and administrative services;
- with third party providers for the purposes of money laundering and other compliance and reference checks and other fraud and crime prevention purposes; and
- with our insurers and professional advisors as is necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance cover, obtaining professional advice, managing legal disputes and maintaining accounts records and financial audits.
Any information which we share with third-party providers will be pursuant to contractual arrangements which we put in place which require that the data is processed only in accordance with our instructions for specified purposes and applicable law or pursuant to any approved sub-processing agreement.
Charles Lyndon also reserves the right to disclose any information which it holds where necessary: (a) to appropriate courts, law enforcement authorities, governmental or regulatory authorities, if required to do so by law or regulation or by any governmental or law enforcement agency; and (b) in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of any other individual.
How long we will retain personal data
Where you provide your email address to contact you about the claim, we will retain this until the conclusion of the claim or when you notify us that you no longer wish to hear from us. We will retain data where it may be required for Charles Lyndon to assert or defend any legal claims or to comply with our legal obligations, regulatory requirements and reporting obligations. We may also hold data in backup systems which are put in place to maintain the integrity of our IT systems for the minimum retention periods.
Your rights: to review, update, restrict the use of, and/or request erasure of your personal data.
If you no longer wish to receive communications from us regarding the claim, you can let us know by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charles Lyndon has a legal obligation to ensure that any information which you provide remains accurate and up to date and we would ask that you contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate. You have a right at any time:
- to request details of any categories of personal data which we hold about you, the purposes for which we process the data and any third parties with whom it is shared. Provided the rights and freedoms of others are not affected we will supply you with a copy of the data;
- to ask us to update or correct any personal information which we hold, object to or ask us to restrict the processing of that personal data for particular purposes. You may withdraw any consent you have previously given to us at any stage by notifying us by email to email@example.com or using the other contact details below;
- where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you may have the right to request that it be erased but this may be overridden where the data is necessary for other purposes including compliance with a legal obligation or in connection with potential legal claims;
- to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted avia their website https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or by telephone on 0303 123 1113.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact us by email or post using the contact details below.
How to contact us
If you require any further information or would like to contact us with any queries or comments, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Data Manager, Charles Lyndon Limited, 22 Eastcheap, London EC3M 1EU.